Of all the things that can make you pretty and attractive, a beautiful smile is the most important feature that draws people's attention to you. Not only that - a sincere smile with healthy white teeth is the easiest way to win someone's heart.
Despite the fact that not everyone can have a perfect set of white teeth and a smile that sweeps you off your feet, like Halle Berry of George Clooney, Americans still invest a huge amount of money on teeth whitening merchandise.
What is the problem & store-bought kinds of toothpaste and tooth whiteners?
- Do Teeth Whiteners Lead To Oral Cancer? Published by Science Daily implies that there is a possible connection between using tooth whiteners and oral cancer in young people.
- "The media has done a good job of making whitening sound innocuous, but it's not," says Dr. Ira Handschuh, the dentist from White Plains, N.Y. "Carbamide peroxide, the whitening agent in most bleaches, can irritate the gums, causing them to recede, making the teeth brittle, chalky and so thin as to be translucent at the edges when the product is overused."
- You might think that the majority of people use conventional tubes of toothpaste every day and that all is well with their teeth. Well, some of their commonly used ingredients have raised quite a concern, including triclosan, fluoride and foaming agents like sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Fluoride has been praised for its outstanding protective abilities in combating tooth decay but it has been put under the magnifying glass for a good reason. While it has a small value in forming a thin protective layer on the surface of the teeth, we must never forget that it is actually a poisonous chemical for our bodies.
- Small children tend to swallow bigger amounts of this toxic substance, which piles up in the organs, disrupts the function of the enzymes and the endocrine system.
CONTINUE READING ON NEXT PAGE