When the flu hits you, it really comes out of nowhere. Thus, you need to get on it immediately so the infection and bacteria won't spread. Hence, if you don't have anything handy that will help you with the flu, try out this recipe. It is the most traditional but effective recipe that will literally fire up your senses. To see exactly what I mean, keep reading and check out this homemade flu remedy.
Basically, this is a traditional herbal remedy that will handle the battle with germs for you. And the best natural ingredients we will be using are garlic, onion, ginger, and herbs. Not to mention, we will also add some vinegar and raw honey to pack this remedy with immune boosting and nourishing properties.
The ingredients you will need for this remedy are:
- 1 medium peeled and chopped onion
- 1 bulb of peeled and chopped garlic
- 5 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of dried echinacea root
- apple cider vinegar
- raw organic honey
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper.
Did you get where the fire will come from? It sounds like an extreme drink but it is, in fact, the most effective combination of natural ingredients. To make this home remedy, follow the instructions below:
- put the garlic, onion, echinacea root, and ginger in a quart size mason jar.
- then, make sure you add enough apple cider vinegar to cover the herbs.
- secure the mason jar with a tight lid and leave the mixture steep for 3 weeks. The best place would be to place in a sunny and warm place.
- when the time is up, carefully strain the liquid and discard of the herbs.
- then, you can add an equal amount of raw honey and cayenne pepper to this mixture.
That's your home remedy, a strong and fired up drink you can store in the refrigerator. Simply take 1 teaspoon daily whenever you feel the flu striking. Also, if the flu is getting worse, drinking 1 teaspoon every hour for a whole day will actually help you get rid of the flu quicker.