Almost anyone had an earache once so we all know how painful it can be. The pain affects everyone, a child or an adult and it hurts so bad that the pain is sometimes excruciating. Although these painful earaches can hurt in different ways, you can successfully reduce the pain with great natural remedies. Thus, in this article, I will share a DIY homemade remedy that I know it works. This is the garlic-infused oil remedy. Keep on reading and see why this will definitely work.
When it comes to garlic, we all know that it has antioxidant and immune-booster properties. However, in addition, garlic also produces a chemical called allicin. This safe chemical is released when you chop or mince the garlic. Thus, it provides an antibacterial property that will help with earaches.
Furthermore, the olive oil also has health benefits. Using it in homemade remedies, it can decrease the chances of skin infections and treat earaches. What else there is to say? Both these ingredients are amazing to work with and will provide just the remedy we need.
Thus, if you were to infused garlic with olive oil, you will multiply their properties several times. Imagine that with just a drop or two of garlic-infused olive oil, you will be relieving pain and infections in the ear.
Now, the best way to get this amazing infusion is to pack the ingredients together for 4 days in an airtight jar. Let's get on it and see what you have to do.
First off, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 heads of peeled garlic cloves
Secondly, let's see the instructions:
1. Peel and finely chop all the garlic cloves.
2. Drop all the chopped garlic cloves into an airtight container.
3. Pour 1 cup of olive oil into the container with the garlic.
4. Then, stir it well and put the airtight lid on the container.
5. Let the garlic and oil mixture sit in the sunlight for 3 to 4 days to allow the garlic to be infused into the oil.
6. After 3 to 4 days, once the infusing process is done, strain all the garlic cloves out of the oil. Make sure that all the cloves are removed. Any cloves left in the oil can get rancid and spoil your whole batch.
That's it. Store the garlic oil in the refrigerator in an airtight container for future use. This small batch will be enough to use within 1 to 2 months.
To apply this remedy, you will need a dropper to get the oil inside the ear. Then, add a few drops of oil, plug the ear with a cotton swab and leave it in so no oil can escape. This will work great, and ear pain should go away quickly.